Bradley Memorial United Methodist Church
Saturday, March 08, 2014
God's World. God's Word. God's Work.
Bradley Memorial United Methodist Church
The Trustees are concerned that all drivers be continuously alert to the safety of the passengers. We urge that no person drive the van who has experienced glaucoma, epilepsy, history of heart disease, attack or related difficulty, or a questionable driving record. We are charged with protecting the driver and the liability of the Church.
A. Terms of the Agreement
1. Use of the Bradley Memorial United Methodist van is restricted to church activities.
2. All requests for use of the van will be scheduled through the church office. Request for the use of the van will be honored on first come first serve basis. Users will be responsible for seeing that the van is returned clean, fueled and in good condition.
3. Church related activities are further defined as:
4. All drivers shall be approved by the following: Trustee Committee and Insurance Company. Lists of approved drivers are on file in the Church Office and will be posted with the van scheduling calendar. If your name is not on this list, please do not drive the van.
5. Approved drivers shall be:
During the last three years:
· Have you been involved in any accident
· Were you at fault
· Had any moving violations
· Had any company cancel or refuse to provide you auto insurance
· Had your driver’s license revoked, suspended or restriction
· Had any physical impairments other than corrective glasses
6. The van will be driven by authorized drivers at ALL times. When transporting passengers under 18years of age, the driver must be accompanied by at least one adult over the age of 21. If children are: under the age of 8 or less than 80 pounds they must be in a child safety seat under N.C. Law effective 1-1-05.
7. Be sure that all doors are locked (check the back door) when the van is returned. The vans shall be left clean and fueled. All damages will be the responsibility of the negligent party. Please report any damages or needed repairs on the Van Trip Sheet
8. All Passengers are to remain seated with seat belts buckled while the van is in motion. No articles are to be thrown from the van. No use of tobacco products, alcohol, offensive music, offensive language or glass bottle drinks are allowed in the van.
9. Insurance regulations prohibit the lending of the van. All activities must be sponsored by the Bradley Memorial United Church of Gastonia, N.C.
10. The Trustees shall be in charge of maintenance and repairs of the van. The van will be completely checked and serviced twice a year-January and June.
11. The driver of the van is responsible to complete a Trip Sheet every time they drive the vans. Keys for the van are to be picked up and returned to the church office during regular office hours. A van calendar will be kept in the church office for reservation.
12. The Church Office hours are between 9:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday from the church office upon returning place keys in the office box if after hours.
13. In case of an emergency, contact a member of the Trustees or church staff using the information sheet posted in each van.
14. The Church van is dedicated to the Lord’s work. Any misuse or abuse is to be reported to the Trustees for their investigation and final resolution.
B. Driver’s Responsibility
1. Fill out Trip Sheet completely after your trip.
2. Please check the exterior of the van before you drive. Pay special attention to the tires. Please report any defects you find before leaving on your trip. If while driving, you find any problems with body, chassis, tires or engine, kindly report to the church office.
3. Keys for the van are to be picked up and returned to the church office. Be sure to pick up the van keys during church office hours. Return them to the church office or drop them in the mail slot or the church office door.
4. The driver is responsible for filling the gas tank after each trip. Use unleaded fuel only. While filling, please check the oil and tires again. Turn in any receipts to the office if your group has a budget line item.
5. It is the driver’s responsible to see that the van is clean. Please explain to all passengers the importance of keeping the van clean.
6. Driver’s responsible for any traffic violations. (Pay your own ticket if you get one)
7. For safety’s sake, make sure everyone is seated at all times and buckled up. Do not take more passengers than are allowed. Our vans hold one driver and ten passengers. Make sure all items are secured properly in any storage areas you may be using. If you need to stop along the roadside, be sure to turn emergency flashers on.
8. It is suggested that drivers have access to a cell phone if possible.
9. There is a 24 hour reporting period for any and all accidents involving the vans. If the driver is involved in an accident, he/she needs to contact a member of the Trustees or church staff using the information sheet posted in each van.
10. Remember it is the driver’s responsibility to see that the van is returned to the church parking lot clean, full of gasoline, oil checked and full. Be sure all doors are locked including the rear door.
Thank you for your cooperation. With your help, the van will always be ready to be used by the next group.
C. Passenger Responsibility.
Due to safety concerns, all passengers will follow van safety rules and remain in seat, follow driver’s directions, speak quietly, and keep hands, feet, and objects to your-self.